Rea admits to 'good feeling' on MotoGP debut

Ten Kate World Superbike Championship front-runner Jonathan Rea makes an encouraging MotoGP debut in a private test session with HRC at Sepang in Malaysia


In a private three-day test session around the Sepang International Circuit on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, Honda Ten Kate World Superbike Championship front-runner Rea joined HRC test rider Kousuke Akiyoshi to help to develop the RCV212 in preparation for next season.

After the bike's riding position was adjusted to suit his stature, the 23-year-old joined his Suzuka 8-hour team-mate out on-track, with the pair making the most of the warm weather at the 5.548km circuit to complete almost a full day's work, interrupted only by a brief rain shower.

“Today I had great fun learning a MotoGP bike, and the Sepang circuit is impressive!” the Ulsterman reported following 51 laps as he familiarised himself with the characteristics of the grand prix machine. “My body is still not 100 per cent and this is a pity, but I had a very good day with the HRC test team.

“I've spent almost all of my career on production-derived bikes; I just rode a 125GP a few years ago, and today I had a good feeling riding the Honda RCV212. The bike feels very powerful, the engine revs higher than my CBR1000R and it is easy to change direction. I'd like to thank HRC and Honda Europe for this opportunity, and I'm looking forward for the next two days of testing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment